Foundation for Information Support of Science2>
non-profit and non-governmental organization
Foundation for Information Support of Science (FISS) is a non-profit organization aims to implement expert, information technology, and organizational support for scientific, technical, and innovative activities in the Russian Federation.
FISS has broad experience in the assessment of the priority lines of scientific and technological development in the Russian Federation. FISS carries out expert appraisals on the order from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, participates in the analysis of government programs and projects, business projects of technological development, carries out express assessment of scientific publications, projects, and experimental developments.
Expert activity of the foundation is based on the involvement of a wide range of unique specialists and leading schools of thought. FISS maintains contacts more than with three thousand scientists and experts both in exact sciences and in humanities.
Priority areas of activities of the foundation:
- Search for the priority areas in applied research.
- Preparation of information analytical reports on the status and development trends of the Russian and foreign scientific research and innovations.
- Preparation of proposals on research topics.
- Planning and coordination of research projects involving various organisations and institutes.
- Expert appraisal and support of research projects and experimental developments.
- Express assessment of scientific publications, projects, and experimental developments.
- Information statistical support for scientific research, innovations, and education.
- Technical and information maintenance of the assessment and acceptance of scientific research.
- Assistance in the implementation of applied research and experimental developments.
- Coordination of the activity of scientific and production organizations for the purpose of commercializing scientific developments.
- Forecast evaluation of the development of domestic and foreign scientific and technological activities.
- Competitiveness assessment of scientific developments.
- Reviewing scientific publications.
- Appraisal of capabilities of the adoption of scientific developments.
- Analysis of the state of the market of science intensive technologies.
Participation in the arrangements on analytical studies, science technology, innovation and expert activities in various scientific and technical fields.
There are Russian and foreign scientific information databases at the disposal of FISS that allows one to thoroughly assess the standard of various scientific developments and technologies, their practical urgency, and also to propose complex recommendations on their implementation.
The following databases are the core information resources for FISS:
- Web of Science is an online subscription-based scientific citation indexing service maintained by Thomson Reuters that provides a comprehensive citation search. It gives access to multiple databases that reference cross-disciplinary research, which allows for in-depth exploration of specialized sub-fields within an academic or scientific discipline.
- Scopus is a bibliographic database containing abstracts and citations for academic journal articles. It covers nearly 22,000 titles from over 5,000 publishers, of which 20,000 are peer-reviewed journals in the scientific, technical, medical, and social sciences (including arts and humanities). It is owned by Elsevier and is available online by subscription. Searches in Scopus also incorporate searches of patent databases.
- Orbit is a bibliographic, abstract, and full-text patent database containing information from 95 patent offices with indicating the legal status of patents.
- The Thomson Innovation database is a search engine providing access to the full-text information on patents and published claims from America, Europe and Asia, as well as news, professional transactions, and scientific literature.
- The data retrieval system of the Federal Institute of Industrial Property contains information on patents from the Russian Federation.
Based on the analytical assessment of a problem, including its scientific or practical topicality, FISS can prepare concrete proposals on launching innovation projects, their information support, and control of practical realisation.
Since 2001, FISS’ specialists have organized and conducted more than 15,000 examinations of scientific and technological investigations in various fields, including on the following priority directions:
- energy efficiency, energy conservation, nuclear power
- transport and space systems
- information and telecommunication systems
- industry of nano-systems
- biosciences / living systems
- harmonious exploitation
- programs realizing the strategy of sustainable development
The expertise performed by FISS has the status of independent scientific expertise confirmed by the relevant certificates.
FISS is open for the cooperation with public and private organizations and investors interested in conducting an objective analysis and examination of projects of various types and scales.
In the case of favorable decision of collaboration, we are prepared to discuss organizational and financial arrangements for further developing business contacts between our organizations. Please make your suggestions about the time and the form of discussions.
Svetlana Tuzova, PhD
Head of PR Department